Sunday, October 18, 2009

thoughts on education

So I am working in a public school system and quite honestly, it sucks. There are so many politics involved with running a school. I don't agree with half of them, and because I don't agree with them I have been labeled as "not a team player". I work with the special ed department and we are doing those kids such a disservice that I want out. I don't want to be involved in any more ethical dillemmas. I don't want my kids to be a part of a public school system that is so large-scale. I think that is where some of the problems lie. It's too big for its own good. So my next dilemma is "homeschool or public school"? I can't really afford christian school for all four of my kids but they can get a christian education from me!! And they can get the rest that they need to be healthy. They can learn from an ordinary person(me) when they struggle with learning from a more educated person(teacher). I have been praying about it for a while now, I don't have a clear answer just yet, but I know that I will most likely not be continuing my career in the public school system. I am just grateful that for now while they are in public school, they aren't under the special ed category because they certainly would't be getting what they needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment