Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Confessions of a New Homeschooling Mom

Before I started homeschooling, I had visions of all the children sitting down and listening.  Enjoying education as much as I did, I was sure they would, since after all, I LOVE to teach.   But here is what day 3 looked like for us:

1.  I stayed in my pajamas all day long

2.  I yelled at the kids at least 10 times.

3.  I threatened them with public school.

4.  I forgot to feed one of them lunch until 3 o'clock.  (he never said he was hungry!)

5.  We did get school done though, they reviewed a lot of grammar and math and learned the proper form for writing a letter.  A lot of what we are doing is review anyways because I pulled them out at the semester.  That has been challenging trying to figure out what they learned and what they haven't learned so I will know what to teach and what not to teach.  It has been and adventure and one that we are all enjoying together, even if numbers 1-4 happen again.

1 comment:

  1. yes, threatening with public school happens at least 1x every other week here. But it gets better. I think we learn as much as they do!

    ReplyDelete