Monday, June 13, 2011

Blessings

So we have been here at Cone Oasis Baptist Camp for about 3 weeks.  We have been blessed beyond belief and I just want to share it here.  When we got here and started looking around, I discovered that my kitchen had fresh shelf paper lining, but not only that, our pantry and refrigerator were full of food.  Just last week, the Director of our camp gave us an envelope.  Inside the envelope was a free gift of a one year family membership to the local zoo.  Wanna know why they did that?  Because here at Cone Oasis, we are encouraged to spend time with our families and we will actually be given that opportunity.  Now that the material blessings have been named we have had several spiritual blessings as well.  Skylar, our youngest has accepted Christ as her Lord and Savior and I am SO happy about that.  I have been pushed to do things outside of my comfort zone which was a welcome experience to say the least.  When it was discovered that I used to teach Bible Drill, I found out I was desperately needed for the camp that was going on. I was scared because I really didn't know any of these people and they were predominately spanish speaking.  I have felt the need to leard spanish here and I have developed many friends already who are willing to help me. The clowns that were here were so amazing, and when I had my picture taken with them was the first time that I had ever told ANYONE about my dream to some day be a clown myself.  Now that I have told people, I feel like I am free to do it now, and I also feel like a weight has lifted from me, so I have done tons of research and am so excited that I will be working on and pursuing a dream of becoming a "Caring Clown."  My clown name will be Missy the Clown and I will start my ministry by visiting hospitals and nursing homes and see where the Lord takes me from there.  I am going to be trying to do as many clown classes as I can.  I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment